A center of caring innovation since 1951, Sitrin was the first care provider
in the tri-county region (Oneida, Madison, and Herkimer Counties) to offer:
- A medically-affiliated Adult Day Health Care program.
- A Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility. (CORF)
- A pair of aquatic therapy pools. (21' x 21')
- An adaptive sports program for people with physical disabilities. (STARS)
- A mobile dental clinic.
- Residences to serve medically complex individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Parastep 1 – an innovative treatment that helps people with spinal cord injuries stand and take steps.
- Assisted Living Program (ALP) services by right-sizing a portion of its long-term care beds. This transition resulted in $10.7 millioni in funding from the Healthcare Efficiency and Affordability Law of New Yorkers (HEAL NY) Capital Grant Program.
- Residential-style houses for long-term care residents with private bedrooms and bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, family-style living room, and dining room.
Sitrin is also …
- ...the first health care center in New York State to be approved by the Health Department to build houses for long-term care, thereby becoming a model for skilled nursing care throughout the region!
- ...the first long-term care provider to be named to the prestigious Pebble Project created by the Center for Health Design (CHD), a San Diego-based non-profit research and advocacy organization dedicated to identifying projects the world over that can contribute to improved health care through innovative design. Sitrin was selected for its unique expansion project.
- …the first long-term care facility in the area to implement the Pyxis Station. Pyxis is an advanced point-of-use system that automates distribution, management, and control of medications and supplies for the facility. This technology has been utilized by hospitals for many years; however, New York State only recently allowed the use of automated medication dispensing machines in long-term care facilities. The Pyxis Station gives nursing staff the availability of up to 350 different medications for immediate use for resident and patient needs. Pyxis also allows nursing staff to access medication for new orders 24 hours a day, which significantly improves patient comfort. This is another way that Sitrin continues to provide quality and efficient patient care.