Sitrin's Traveling Summer Day Camp
Friendship and fun.
Sitrin's Traveling Summer Day Camp is a wonderful opportunity for children ages six to 14 to learn about nature, be creative, make friends, and have a great time!
The program is based at the Sitrin Health Care Center on Tilden Avenue in New Hartford. Campers will visit various local parks, along with Camp Sitrin, our 142-acre retreat on Graffenburg Road in Frankfort that features:
- Nature trails
- Playing fields
- Pavilions for picnics
- A beautiful 10-acre lake
Summer Camp is both fun and educational, with a variety of activities that include:
- Arts and crafts
- Swimming one day a week
...and so much more!
2014 Theme Weeks:
- Safari Week (June 30 - July 3*) - Go on a safari and learn about life in the jungle with jungle themed crafts and games!
- Ocean Week (July 7 - July 11) - A week of exploring what's under the sea as we get to know the ocean and the creatures that live in it!
- Super Hero Week (July 14 - July 18) - What would life be like with super powers? Spend a week creating your own super hero adventures!
- Travel Week (July 21 - July 25) - What's your favorite way to travel? Boat? Plane? Train? Travel around the world with a different virtual trip every day!
- Anything Goes Week (July 28 - August 1) - Every day a "Grab-Bag" of different, fun-filled surprises!
- Pirate Week (August 4 - August 8) - Argh! A week of pirate high jinks, including creating pirate gear and finding treasure!
- Mythical Magical Week (August 11 - August 15) - Explore the magical world of myths and legends!
- Camp Spirit Week (August 18 - August 22) - Wrap up your summer with favorite camp crafts, games, challenges, and a camp talent show!
*Camp closed July 4th
This year's camp season features a daily activity board, more art projects, more time in the sprinklers, swimming one day a week, and more time outside! There will also be trips to Camp Sitrin's Graffenburg site twice a week, and other local parks... a different destination every day!
Schedule & Times
Sitrin Summer Day Camp will run from June 30 to August 22, with convenient camp hours:
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. – Before care
- 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Camp program hours
- 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. – After care
- Per Camper: $160.00 per week; $150 per week if you are paid in full prior to June 1st.
- Sibling Discount: $10 off per week
- Free before and after care!