A Better Way To Living Well.
If you are recovering from an illness or injury… or just want to feel the best you can feel, we've got great news for you. Sitrin offers a comprehensive Wellness Program designed to help you reach your health, fitness, and recovery goals.
Download the latest schedule: May 6 - June 28, 2013
Utilizing the excellent resources of the Sitrin Medical Rehabilitation Center, we offer a variety of Wellness classes for adults and children, including:
- Ai Chi – An aquatic class that uses slow, purposeful movements to increase flexibility and strength. Ai Chi can be especially beneficial for those with Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, fibromyalgia, arthritis, or chronic pain.
- Arthritis Aquatic Class – Slow range of motion designed to improve movement, relieve pain, and increase strength. This warm-water aquatic class is instructed by therapy staff trained in the treatment of arthritis. (* First-timers with arthritis are FREE with script from Physician stating a diagnosis of “arthritis”and prescribing “Aquatics Class”. Funds raised through the Jazzmatazz event support these arthritis programs at Sitrin. Download Physician Approval Form
- Cardio Endurance Training – Burn calories and increase lean muscle mass. Designed to relieve stress and improve cardiovascular endurance, this aquatic class will help improve your health and lifestyle. Pool shoes are advisable for maximum performance.
- Pool Party Fitness- School's out for the summer! Join Pool Party Fitness for a fun-filled hour of fitness-related games and activities. It will surely be a party fit for the summer!
- Sensory Swim – Bring your infant or toddler to this class. Together with an adult, children will learn a variety of movements in the water while getting some exercise and having a lot of fun. Class size is limited.
- Water Aerobics – Fun for all ages, this aquatic class includes a great cardiovascular workout. The gravity-free environment of the pool allows for easier movement of joints and provides resistance for a more effective strengthening program.
- Zumba® Fitness Class - This exhilarating dance fitness class combines exotic beats and easy-to-follow dance movements to tone and sculpt the body while burning fat. Zumba® Fitness is a fun workout for people of all ages!
Who can attend.
Membership in Sitrin's Wellness Program is open to the community and all are welcome to join. Individuals under sixteen years of age must be accompanied by an adult, and children younger than 10 years of age are not allowed to use the equipment in the PT gym for safety reasons.
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve.
- Individual: $30 per month*
- Family (2 persons in same household): $45 per month*, $5 for each additional person under age 18 living in same household
Payment is due on the first of each month. Checks can be mailed to:
Sitrin Medical Rehabilitation Center
P.O. Box 1000
New Hartford, NY 13413-1000
* Individuals or families signing up for one year (12 months) will receive one month FREE!
Class fees vary – please check with our staff. Wellness members receive discounts on all classes.
(Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds.)