Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game
Thursday, April 14th
Utica College Clark Athletic Center
This family-friendly event supports Sitrin's STARS (Success Through Adaptive Recreation and Sports) Program and pits wheelchair athletes against local celebrities for two challenging and entertaining 20-minute halves.
Proceeds from this event support:
- Wheelchair basketball, featuring a year-round schedule of practices and scrimmage games
- Adaptive paddling instruction, as well as trips to area lakes in the Adirondacks
- Competitive air rifle shooting for individuals with disabilities
- Wheelchair curling at the national, international and Paralympic level
- Wheelchair road racing training for participants of the Boilermaker 15k Road Race Wheelchair Division, including the Boilermaker Wheelchair Challenge, which provides a customized racing wheelchair as a prize
- Nordic ski and biathlon programs with equipment and competition expenses
The Sitrin STARS program provides people with physical disabilities with a number of challenging athletic opportunities which enable them to compete throughout the country and around the world.
For more information about the Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game or Sitrin's STARS Program, call (315) 737-2459.