Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game
Thursday, April 16th
Utica College Clark Athletic Center
Start the game clock! Local celebrities will once again take to the court to face-off in wheelchairs against the Sitrin STARS atheltes.
The 13th Annual Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game will take place on Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in the Utica College Clark Athletic Center. (Doors open at 6 p.m.) This family-friendly event supports the Sitrin STARS (Success Through Adaptive Recreation and Sports) Program and pits wheelchair athletes against local celebrities for two challenging and entertaining 20-minute halves.
Adults $10 · Students $5 · Children Under Five are Free
To purchase tickets in advance, call (315) 737-2406. Tickets will be available at the door.
The 2015 Celebrity lineup:
- Former SU Men's Basketball Point Guard, Pearl Washington
- Former SU Men's Basketball Scoring Guard, Eric Devendorf
- Olympic Bronze Medalist, Erin Hamlin
- Illusionists Leon Etienne and Romy Low of America's Got Talent!
- Anthony Brindisi, New York State Assembly Member
- Alex Carbone, Carbone Auto Group
- Kristen Copeland, WKTV News Channel 2
- Christopher Dovi, First Source Federal Credit Union
- Joe Dunaway, Fust Charles Chambers LLP Certified Public Accountants
- Steve Giuffrida, BNY Mellon
- Joseph Griffo, New York State Senator
- David Gogola, The Hartford
- Matt Hubbell, Lite 98.7
- Todd S. Hutton, Utica College President
- Naomi Lynn, Lite 98.7
- Robert Maciol, Oneida County Sheriff
- Cindy McMullen, 96.1 The Eagle
- Steve McMurray, WKTV News Channel 2
- Sean "S-Dot" Morelle, 97.9 KISS-FM
- Robert Palmieri, Mayor of Utica
- Anthony Picente, Oneida County Executive
- Jim Rondenelli, WIBX 950AM
- Gary "Big Poppa" Spears, 97.9 KISS-FM
- Mary Wilson, WUTR/WFXV Eyewitness News
- Polly Wogg, Big Frog 104
The Sitrin Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game is made possible by Michael and Lois Silverman, Fust Charles Chambers LLP, WKTV News Channel 2 and these generous sponsors!
Last year's event raised more than $17,000 for the Sitrin STARS Program with some 1,200 people in attendance!
Proceeds from this event support:
- Wheelchair basketball, featuring a year-round schedule of practices and scrimmage games
- Adaptive paddling instruction, as well as trips to area lakes in the Adirondacks
- Competitive air rifle shooting for individuals with disabilities
- Wheelchair curling at the national, international and Paralympic level
- Wheelchair road racing training for participants of the Boilermaker 15k Road Race Wheelchair Division, including the Boilermaker Wheelchair Challenge, which provides a customized racing wheelchair as a prize
- Nordic ski and biathlon programs with equipment and competition expenses
The Sitrin STARS program provides people with physical disabilities with a number of challenging athletic opportunities which enable them to compete throughout the country and around the world.
For more information about the Celebrity Classic Wheelchair Basketball Game or Sitrin's STARS Program, call (315) 737-2459.