Wellness In The Water.
The area's first medical facility to offer therapy pools, Sitrin's Aquatic Therapy program is effective treatment option for individuals suffering from a variety of illnesses and conditions, including
- Chronic back and joint pain
- Rehabilitation following hip or knee replacement
- Asthma and other breathing disorders
- Strokes, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, and other neurological conditions
The benefits of water therapy.
For patients of all ages, there are few therapeutic modalities more soothing than water. The natural properties of water, such as buoyancy and hydrostatic pressure, enhance its therapeutic effect. Buoyancy decreases the impact on joints. Hydrostatic pressure promotes improved circulation in the lower legs, which can be particularly beneficial to orthopedic patients, as well as those who suffer from diabetes or obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Expert, caring staff.
Sitrin's aquatic therapy team works closely with your physician to ensure that you will receive maximum benefit from the experience.
The program offers two aquatic therapy pools which are maintained at a constant temperature of 92 degrees. Sitrin's Aquatic Therapy program features handicapped-accessible locker rooms, non-slip floors, hand railings, hydraulic lifts, and a complete selection of specialized equipment, including weights, floats, basketball hoops, masks, snorkels, fins, and assorted children's toys.
Low-intensity exercises (with frequent rest periods) can benefit people of all ages and conditions. That is why, in addition to its rehabilitative aquatic therapy services, Sitrin also provides a complete wellness program that is open to the community.
Wellness classes include:
- Ai Chi – Slow, purposeful movements to increase flexibility, balance and strength
- Aquamotion – Using the water to increase balance and coordination, reducing the risk of falls in the course of daily activity
- Arthritis program – Working with the buoyancy of the water to improve movement and relieve pain
- Cardio Endurance Training – Burning calories and improving lean muscle mass
- Sensory Swim – Introduces infants and toddlers to new movements while having fun in the water
- Water Aerobics – Using the resistance of the water to improve strength and create a well-rounded cardiovascular workout