Restoring Your Power To Communicate.
Sitrin's speech pathology department offers many specialized services for all ages – from pediatric to geriatric. These include:
- Speech and language therapy helps you recover from communication impairments following a stroke, brain injury or due to a degenerative process such as Parkinson’s Disease. Download Speech-Language Pathology Brochure
- Cognitive-linguistic therapy helps you develop alternative approaches to increase your ability to function and perform daily tasks. This can also include therapies for impaired memory and cognition, since these can interfere with your ability to communicate.
- Voice therapy and intervention involves breathing and speaking techniques that help you relearn the process of vocalization. Articulation / motor speech therapy helps with articulation, apraxia, and even fluency disorders in every age group (including Early Intervention).
- Swallowing disorder (dysphagia) services offer special strategies for safe eating, moving you to the least restrictive diet possible. Download Swallowing Therapy Brochure
Speech – language pathology is available for individuals with a broad variety of diagnoses, including:
Patient / family strategies for continued recovery.
Patient and family education is an important part of your treatment plan. Sitrin's expert staff works closely with you and your family, teaching you how to bring these communication strategies home with you, so that you will continue to advance toward your recovery goals following your discharge.
Highly qualified, caring staff.
Our speech and language pathology professionals work as part of a comprehensive therapy team to help you achieve your treatment goals. Our staff offers special expertise with developmental apraxia of speech and other conditions.
Clinical Audiologist Dr. Kimberly Keane, Au.D. CCC-A serves as Sitrin's head Audiology and Speech – Language Pathology, assisted by licensed Speech-Language Pathologists Jean Meyer, M.S., CCC-SLP, and Kristyn Hammond, M.S., CCC-SLP.
- Language intervention including strategies to improve functional communication including social interactions, and communication of basic needs.
- Communication strategies of all modalities encompassing reading, writing and daily planning skills.
- Augmentative Communication Strategies
- Oral Motor exercises
- Phrase completion exercises
- Memory Books
- SEMG Biofeedback to rehabilitate swallowing
- Compensatory strategies for swallowing
- Phonemic cuing
- Articulation sound placement teaching
- Visual Cuing aids
- Tactile modalities
- On-site augmentative communication evaluations and device training
Call us today at (315) 797-8000