Call us today at (315) 797-2459
Those who have participated in Sitrin’s STARS Program have accomplished a great deal in the course of its brief history.
STARS athletes have competed in every World Wheelchair Curling Championship since 2005 to the present.
Awards and Achievements
- Team USA (comprised of STARS athletes) won the gold medal at the 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2015, and 2016 U.S. Open International Wheelchair Curling Bonspiels.
- In 2008, Sitrin was named a United States Paralympic Sport Club, which is a nationally recognized community-based program developed to involve youth and adults with physical and visual disabilities in sports and physical activity, regardless of skill level.
- Sitrin STARS Director, Marc DePerno, was awarded the O.C. Tanner Inspiration Award, which honors individuals who worked behind the scenes to provide encouragement for Team USA at the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Vancouver, B.C.
- The U.S. Paralympic team, which is comprised of STARS athletes, has competed at the 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.
- Hermin Garic won the Miami Marathon in the winter of 2014.
- Tammy Delano was selected to the U.S. Paralympic Shooting Team and will compete in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Tammy Delano won gold at the 2014 IPC Shooting World Cup.
- Tammy Delano won gold at the 2015 IPC Shooting World Cup.
- Jason Robinson became the first wheelchair athlete to participate in the NYSPHSAA Track and Field Championship.
- Jason Robinson was named the 2017 SPORTS 'N SPOKES Junior Athlete of the Year.