Dear Resident Representatives/Family Members:
- We have designated a hallway on our rehab unit in the main building as our COVID-19 wing. This hallway was selected due to the fact that the patient(s) can be brought directly to the wing through an outside entrance which eliminates the need to transport the patient throughout other areas of the building.
- A temporary wall with a door will be utilized in this designated hallway to seal it off from the remainder of the unit in order to protect the other patients/residents.
- We have selected a limited number of direct care staff who will be assigned to care for these patients only. Staff will be isolated to this wing during their work hours. Upon leaving the wing at the completion of their shift, they will have the opportunity to remove their scrubs and leave them for us to launder; again, eliminating the possibility of contamination to other parts of the facility.
- We have a supply of PPE (personal protective equipment) including N95 masks, face shields, goggles, isolation gowns, gloves, shoe covers, as well as separate medication and supply carts and equipment for this wing, i.e., stethoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, etc.
- These COVID-19 patients will remain on the wing for the entirety of their stay; including eating meals in their rooms, as well as their participation in therapy.
- In addition, we continue to take each of our resident’s and staff member’s temperature on every shift and monitor for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff are wearing facemasks while working. Residents are also offered and given facemasks when out of their rooms.
- The safety of our patients, residents, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, our procedures and protocols are revised constantly as we receive additional information and updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our federal and state governments.
Please note for the safety of all of our residents on our campus, as well as to you, ALL drop-off deliveries will stop immediately. We will no longer be accepting any packages or food from the outside nor will we be allowing any soiled resident clothing be leaving the facility to be laundered by family. As this was not an easy decision, please know that it was made in the best interest of everyone.
If you have questions or concerns that were not addressed in this letter, please feel free to reach out via https://www.sitrin.com/about/contact/. A "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" page along with responses will be posted and updated on our website throughout the COVID-19 crisis for your review.
Thank you for your patience, continued support and for entrusting us with your loved one's care. Together, we will get through this. Stay safe and stay healthy.