Putting Your Child First!
At Sitrin, we believe that group child care works best when provided in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere - one that will make your child feel right at home. Like you, we put your child first every moment he or she is with us.
Licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, Bureau of Early Childhood Services, the Sitrin Child Care Center offers a total of 64 full-time slots for children ranging in age from six weeks to five years. The Center provides professional, quality child care for the entire community, as well as for the children of Sitrin employees.
Children in our care are placed in classrooms according to their age and development, which we organize in five distinct groups:
- Infants - 6 weeks to 15 months
- Waddlers - 15 to 24 months
- Toddlers - 2 years
- Rompers - 3 years
- Preschoolers - 4-5 years
Knowledgeable, caring staff.
Our teachers and teacher assistants provide a nurturing and caring environment, while teaching the children through innovative programming and a variety of activities. Sitrin's Child Care Center also features a full-time cook, who works with a registered dietician to prepare a nourishing morning and afternoon snack for the children, as well as a healthy lunch, every day.
- Readiness curriculum - Our preschool class offers a kindergarten readiness curriculum - which even includes learning Spanish - so that each child is prepared to start elementary school when they graduate from our program.
- Intergenerational program - Children between the ages of three and five years can take part in an intergenerational program that takes place each month with residents from the Sitrin Health Care Center.
- Rehabilitative therapies – Working with both families and outside agencies, Sitrin offers the flexibility of having children receive physical, occupational, and speech therapy services while in attendance at the Center.
Events and "extras".
Our first priority is caring for your child. That is why the Sitrin Child Care Center offers:
- Nourishing morning and afternoon snack, as well as a healthy lunch
- "Elite" rubber matted playground surfacing for added safety
- Visits from the Utica Zoomobile
- Police and fire department demonstrations
- Holiday celebrations
- Trick-or-treating at the Health Care Center
Hours and location.
The Center is located on Kavod Road on Sitrin's Main Campus (just off Tilden Avenue) in New Hartford. Operating hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for the convenience of working parents. The Center is open year-round, only closing for major holidays and staff in-service days.
The Center accepts the tuition subsidy from the Department of Social Services; families are encouraged to apply for these funds through their local county office.