Here For You... And Yours.
If you're a busy parent, we've got good news for you. Sitrin's Child Care Center is here for you and your children.
We've been serving our community since 1995 with comprehensive child care services fully licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (Bureau of Early Childhood Services). And thanks to a successful community fundraising effort, we expanded our center and services in 2003 to better serve parents and children in need.
A better approach to child care.
At Sitrin, we believe child care should be something your children enjoy. For this reason, the Sitrin Child Care Center is a fun place where children:
- Make friends
An important part of our philosophy is that the work of a child is play. That is how they learn, express and enjoy themselves.
The Sitrin Child Care Center has a total of 64 slots for children ranging in age from six weeks to five years. Children in our care are placed in classrooms according to their age and development, which we organize in five distinct groups:
Knowledgeable, caring staff.
Our teachers and teacher assistants provide a nurturing and caring environment, while teaching the children through innovative programming and a variety of activities. Sitrin's Child Care Center also features a full-time cook, who works with a registered dietician to prepare a nourishing morning and afternoon snack for the children, as well as a healthy lunch, every day.
- Readiness curriculum - Our preschool class offers a kindergarten readiness curriculum - which even includes learning Spanish - so that each child is prepared to start elementary school when they graduate from our program.
- Intergenerational program - Children between the ages of three and five years can take part in an intergenerational program that takes place each month with residents from the Sitrin Health Care Center.
- Rehabilitative therapies – Working with both families and outside agencies, Sitrin offers the flexibility of having children receive physical, occupational, and speech therapy services while in attendance at the Center.
Events and "extras".
Our first priority is making sure your child is taken care of and is happy. That is why the Sitrin Child Care Center offers:
- Nourishing morning and afternoon snack, as well as a healthy lunch
- "Elite" rubber matted playground surfacing for added safety
- Visits from the Utica Zoomobile
- Police and fire department demonstrations
- Holiday celebrations
- Trick-or-treating at the Health Care Center
Hours and location.
The Center, located on Kavod Road on Sitrin's Main Campus (just off Tilden Avenue in New Hartford) is open Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for the convenience of working parents. It serves the community, as well as employees of Sitrin.
The Center accepts the tuition subsidy from the Department of Social Services; families are encouraged to apply for these funds through their local county office.