Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.
When you volunteer at Sitrin, you can make a real difference in the lives of others. Volunteers have always played an important role in the work we do, providing patients and residents with caring assistance and personal attention, while giving themselves an excellent opportunity to:
- Build teamwork and leadership skills
- Gain valuable experience
- Meet fascinating people and create a network
- Enhance professional qualifications
- Explore career options
- Share the unique satisfaction of helping others
- Have a great time!
As a Sitrin volunteer, you can choose the kind of work you wish to do, and set a schedule that is convenient for you. Whether you join us for an hour a month or several hours a day, volunteering at Sitrin may prove to be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
Apply Now or Download Application
Activities / Recreational Therapy
Volunteers help with a variety of programs, including:
- Coffee club/happy hour
- Outings for picnics, shopping, bowling, etc.
… as well as assist with office work.
Volunteers "adopt" a resident and arrange special individualized activities, such as:
- Watching TV
Gan Kavod (specialized residential care for adults with intellectual disabilities and medically complex conditions)
Volunteers are needed in each of Sitrin's Gan Kavod homes to spend time with residents, particularly those who have do not have family or friends in the area and who very much look forward to these visits. Activities may include reading, playing games, or sharing a hobby.
Volunteers assist with recreational programs, including:
- Horticulture and gardening
- Music and movement
- Trivia and games
- Cooking and baking groups
- Intergenerational program
- Adaptive sports
- Recreational swimming
- Art programs
- Senior exercise programs
"Behind the Scenes" Opportunities
In addition to providing crucial support for patient care, volunteers may choose to perform other tasks vital to day-to-day operations at Sitrin.
- Gardening and landscaping
- Clerical work
- Assisting with the popcorn, root beer float, and ice cream carts
- Seasonal decorating
To start your volunteer experience at Sitrin:
- Complete and return our volunteer application: Apply Now or Download Application
- Download Our Brochure
- Contact Sitrin at (315) 737-2406 for more information.