Gan Kavod Residences
A Place You Can Truly Call Home
Call us today at (315) 737-2244 or (315) 797-3114
Sitrin offers special needs residences for individuals with intellectual disabilities and medically complex conditions. Two houses are located on Sitrin's main campus, with other homes in New York Mills, South Utica, and Rome.
Gan Kavod operates five individualized residential alternatives (IRA) certified by the Office of Persons with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD).
- Comfortable living environment - homes offer contemporary décor and a host of amenities, such as fireplaces, aquariums, and themed sensory rooms.
- Community and family activities - residents enjoy participating in many activities locally and regionally, including regular shopping trips for home and personal items, wellness and aquatic programs, trips to the theatre, sporting events, dining, and much more. Family participation in daily activities and special events is welcome.
- Day program options - Sitrin collaborates with day program providers in the area to provide our residents with the most appropriate program choices. Integration with the general community is encouraged. At home, day programming is also available for those with specific medical needs.
- Enhanced services for dementia - Birch residence is equipped with special enhanced safety systems for individuals with dementia-like symptoms who have a tendency to wander. All residences tailor programs to meet the needs of persons with dementia.
Skilled, Caring Staff
Our special needs residences are staffed with highly skilled professional caregivers who treat your loved one like family. Each house has a registered nurse and coordinator overseeing each resident's individualized care plan and program.
Each house receives weekly visits by:
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Behavior Specialist