Care For Your Little Ones
Call us today at (315) 737-2246
Because they may be too young to understand what is happening to them and why, medical rehabilitation can be a challenging experience for children… and a source of great concern for their parents, as well.
With this in mind, Sitrin has designed its pediatric therapy program to consider the "whole" patient in providing care, addressing physical, cognitive, social, and emotional issues, with special attention to the vital role that the parents and family play in the child's recovery.
Sitrin pediatric therapy offers treatment options for children:
- recovering from injuries or illnesses
- with developmental delay or disability
- with congenital issues
The treatment program
Sitrin's pediatric therapy generally aids patients in improving balance, endurance and coordination, gaining muscle strength and flexibility, increasing range of motion, and reducing spastic or involuntary movements. In pediatric patients, other considerations commonly addressed include skills needed to pay attention, tracking, improving slowed reflexes and sensory integration.
Our program provides:
- Physical therapy - works primarily with motor skills, such as crawling, standing, cruising, walking, using one's arms and legs
- Occupational therapy - addresses activities of daily living, in infants beginning with rolling over, sitting up, working on coordination and balance.
- Speech - language therapy - provides evaluations and therapy for patients of all ages, focusing on functional communication. Range of skills addressed can include comprehension, expressive language, articulation, feeding, and swallowing. Computer games with "touch-screen" and group sessions are just a few of the ways that the therapy is enjoyable for pediatric patients while mastering speech and language skills.
- Aquatic therapy - enhances the effectiveness of rehabilitative care while promoting relaxation and relief.
These therapies are provided in the context of an integrated treatment plan and delivered in an environment that promotes comfort, curiosity, and creative play.
Skilled, caring professional staff
Sitrin offers specially-trained therapists who are dedicated to helping pediatric patients and their families achieve their full potential. These enthusiastic individuals are expert at making the child comfortable and able to concentrate. The pediatric therapy team includes staff physiatrists - doctors specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation - as well as licensed speech/language pathologists.
A very special place
When you visit Sitrin's state-of-the-art Health Care Center on Tilden Avenue in New Hartford, you'll see that it's a very special place. Overlooking the picturesque Mohawk Valley, this remarkable facility offers some of the most advanced treatment technologies and a host of amenities.